10/06/2010

Baked Potato Soup

Well, Autumn is back, and that means so am I!  :)  I have the hardest time wanting to be in the kitchen during the summer months and once it gets a tid bit chilly I find myself LOVING the kitchen!  I made this YUMMY soup for my cute family on Sunday, and the husband LOVED it.  My 1 year old gobbled it up too.  Hope you enjoy it!
2/3 cup butter
7 cups milk
4 green onions diced
1 1/2 cup shredded cheese ( I use sharp, and I add to taste)
3/4 tsp salt (Sea Salt is what I used and it tasted great)
2/3 cup flour
4 large potato peeled and cubed (boil first to make soft)
1 package Real Bacon toppers (found in the salad isle)
1 cup sour cream
1/2 tsp Pepper

In large skillet melt butter.  Stir in flour, heat and stir til smooth.  Gradually ad in milk, stirring constantly until thickened.  Add soft potato cubes and onions.  Bring to a boil, stir constantly.  Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes.  Add remaining ingredients.  Stir until cheese is melted.  ENJOY!

1 comment:

  1. Try it with baked potatoes...it tastes delicious!

    So, keep the recipes coming, I'm waiting!

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for stopping by! I sure love to read your comments & feedback! :) Feel free to leave any of your favorite recipes too!