3/20/2010

Chicken Pasta Salad

This was a extended family dinner mainstay.

It is one of my favorite's during the summer.

I like to make it and save it for lunches for the week.

My hubby likes to just eat a few bites of it through passing. :)

Great meal, side or snack.

4 cups cooked cubed chicken. (I usually just simmer frozen chicken breasts with onion salt)

2 1/2 cups small shelled (uncooked) pasta- cook according to directions. I like spiral pasta however...

2 cups diced celery

2 cups red grapes

2 cups peeled and diced red delicious apples

1/4 cup diced green onions

1 small can crushed pineapple (drained)

2 cups cashews (I don't add this when I prepare it though)

*Mix 1 cup mayo with 1 cup coleslaw dressing. (for a sweeter tasting pasta sauce replaced mayo with miracle whip, I like this better.) Toss with other ingredients.

1 comment:

  1. You've just been given the Sunshine Blog Award! :)

    http://crazycraftycousins.blogspot.com/2010/05/sunshine-award.html

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for stopping by! I sure love to read your comments & feedback! :) Feel free to leave any of your favorite recipes too!