3/06/2010

Stewing a Chicken

I will admit. I had no clue how to do this until this past weekend. My sister taught me and it is so yummy and tender! I'll be doing this a lot from now on!
Fill a pot of water so its berely covering the chicken.
Cut a few slits in the chicken and add onion, salt and pepper, and a few boullion cubes.
Put water to a boiling then let simmer on low for a few hours.
Jenny likes to flip the bird half way through so its tender throughout.
Peel off the skin and then start shredding the meat.
To use the chicken broth do as the picture shows a few times to catch all the extra stuff that fell off the bird. You can make chicken soup or freeze the broth for the next time you need it.

1 comment:

  1. Looks good! THe only thing is I don't cut a few slits in the chicken. Just leave it as it is...Let me know how your first time stewing goes~!!!

    Can't wait for the next post. I'm always looking for good recipes.

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for stopping by! I sure love to read your comments & feedback! :) Feel free to leave any of your favorite recipes too!