3/22/2013

Baked Green Beans and Asparagus

I don't know about you, but I LOVE fresh asparagus and green beans.  When I was first married I would either buy the canned or frozen version, or I would steam them.  I came up with this way that is fail proof and tastes delicious every time.  It just compliments the flavor of the veggie and you will have seconds. 

Fresh Asparagus or Green Beans.
For asparagus break of bottom of stalk about an inch in.  This will get rid of the rougher, more bitter part of the vegetable.
The rest of the preparation will be the same for the two.

Olive Oil
Garlic Salt
Sea Salt
Ground Pepper

Layer Veggies in separate 9x13 dishes.
Pour a tiny bit of Olive Oil and toss with hand.  You want it to cover all of the veggies, but be light.
Sprinkle Sea Salt, Ground Pepper and a generous amount of Garlic Salt on the veggies and toss again.

Bake at 375 degrees until fork tender.
This could take anywhere between 30-45 minutes depending on how thick they are.
Also, be sure to mix them up to redistribute the oil through out the baking.  I usually will every ten minutes.

Serve with Hollandeis sauce and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou for stopping by! I sure love to read your comments & feedback! :) Feel free to leave any of your favorite recipes too!