3/15/2013

Banana Nut Muffins

 Holiday's are so much more fun with kids in the house.  This past Valentine's Day I asked my 3 year old what she wanted to make for breakfast...  She said banana muffins.  I pulled out a muffin cook book I won at bunco a few years back that I never had opened (I am NOT a baker, I love to cook, but I tend to ruin any baked goods!)  However, these turned out divine!  I even made some mini ones for my neighbor and she said that she thought I bought them!  Pretty great compliment for me since I really ruin 9 out of 10 things I try to bake! :)  So, these are pretty much fail proof!  You must try!

Ingredients:
1 Cup Flour
1 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
Pinch of Salt
2 1/2 Cups Superfine Sugar
Large Handful Coarsely Chopped Pecans
2 Large Ripe Banana's, Mashed
5 Tb Milk
2 Tb Butter, Melted
1 Large Egg, Beaten
1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
1/4 tsp Almond Extract

1- Place 8 muffin paper liners in a muffin pan.  Sift the flour, baking powder, and salt into a bowl, add the sugar and pecans and stir to combine.
2- Place the mashed bananas, milk, butter, egg and vanilla and almond extract in a separate bowl and mix together.  Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and gently stir until just combined.
3- Divide the batter evenly among the paper liners and bake in preheated oven, 375 for 20-25 minutes until risen and golden.  Remove the muffins from the oven and place them on a cooling rack.  Let cool completely before frosting them.  Once frosted sprinkle with chopped pecans.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou for stopping by! I sure love to read your comments & feedback! :) Feel free to leave any of your favorite recipes too!