3/11/2013

Spicy Chicken Avocado Chicken Enchilada's

I have always LOVED chicken enchilada's but never found a recipe that I have found and made that has been a keeper at our house.  A big thanks to Ruthie, a blogger I follow, for sharing a unique blend of shredded chicken, cilantro, avocado  cheese and a spicy topping.  A lighter, fresh take on the expected chicken enchilada.

I didn't have all of the listed ingredients, so I improvised a bit, but loved the result, so I'm pretty sure I will stick to the way I made it, was a bit easy too, with less steps.  Check out her original recipe on her site, www.ruthiehart.com, I will list my altered one.




Ingredients
For the sauce
I jar Pace's Garlic & Lime Salsa Verde
1 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
1/2 cup fat free sour cream

For the enchiladas

2 Cans Kirkland shredded chicken
1 cup colby jack cheese
1 cup spicy jack cheese
3 avocados, peeled and chopped into bite sized pieces
10 whole wheat tortillas (I always use whole wheat for my mexican dishes.  They are healthier, and more substantial to hold all the yummy stuff.)

1. In large bowl mix together chicken, cheese, avocados and add a little salt and pepper, mix and then layer in center of whole wheat tortilla, roll up and place in sprayed dish.  Line up as many as you can fit in baking dish.

2. Mix sauce ingredients together and pour over tortillas.
3. Top with a little more cheese to your cheesy likeness. :)9. Top with remaining sauce and cheese
10. Bake at 375 for 20 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou for stopping by! I sure love to read your comments & feedback! :) Feel free to leave any of your favorite recipes too!