3/13/2013

Lemon Garlic Artichoke and Shrimp

Usually I stick to the veggies I am very familiar with, however, when I was last at the grocery store these artichokes were just calling my name.  I had no clue to to cook, let alone eat the whole artichoke, but I picked two up and when I got home googled how to cook them.  Lots and lots of recipes are out there but this one sounded the tastiest to me.  I had some shrimp in the freezer and made up a yummy marinade I will also share.  The meal was unique, but was filling and delicious!

Ingredients:
Minced garlic (I always use the pre-minced McKormic brand found by the spices.  Saves so much time and makes me use garlic a lot more in my cooking.)
Lemon Juice (again, I buy the lemon juice bottle from the produce section)
Thawed shrimp (take tails off)
Two whole artichoke's
Salt and Pepper
Olive Oil
(I also made up sauted mushrooms and onions for a side that complimented the meal wonderfully!)
One sweet onion
5 white mushrooms, diced

Artichoke:
1- Cut stem of artichoke so it is flat so that you can stand it up while cooking. Then cut the top point off, about 1-2 inches down.
2- Open up leaves and drizzle a tiny bit of olive oil, lemon juice and shove garlic down in to the pockets.
3- Wrap artichokes individually in foil and place on baking sheet.
4- Bake in oven for 1.5 hours at 425 degrees.
5- Unwrap the foil and enjoy! (the tips of the leaves are the edible parts and are delicious plain, or dipped in melted butter.  The heart of the artichoke is the best part, and that is in the center!  Have fun eating this!)

Shrimp:
1- Mix 3 cloves minced garlic, 1/4 cup lemon juice, and 3TB olive oil and place in a baggy.
2-Thaw shrimp and marinate in a baggy for 30 or more minutes.
4- Place shrimp on baking dish and bake at 350 degrees for 7-10 minutes.

Onions and Mushrooms:
This is one of my favorite side dishes or snacks out there!
So easy too.
1- Dice up mushrooms and onions.
2- Place in frying pan and add a small amount of olive oil and salt and pepper.
3- Cook on medium heat, stirring often, until onions are tender.

Bon Appetite!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou for stopping by! I sure love to read your comments & feedback! :) Feel free to leave any of your favorite recipes too!