3/21/2013

Corned Beef and Cabbage

Got this recipe from my Dad.  One of his favorite meals, and though it took me quite a while to try this because of the color of the meat... I am glad I finally did!  The flavor and tenderness is so delicious!  It is now a favorite of mine!

Corned Beef
3 LB corned beef brisket with spice packet
2 carrots, cut into 2-inch pieces
2 med onions, chopped
1 small head green cabbage, cored, roughly chopped
2 cups apple juice
1 cup water

Directions
Put the carrots and onions on the bottom of the slow cooker, and put the corned beef on top.  Arrange the chopped cabbage around the beef. Add the apple juice and 1 cup of water along with the contents of the spiced packet.  Cook on low for 6-8 hours until the beef is tender.  

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou for stopping by! I sure love to read your comments & feedback! :) Feel free to leave any of your favorite recipes too!